If you have decided to do your own packing either partially or for the entire household, Canadian National Van Lines can sell you moving boxes and supplies. Here are some basic suggestions that we find helps our customers in preparing for their big day.
Packing Tips and Organization
Materials you will need: Appropriate packing boxes, paper, tape and markers for labelling.
- Start by packing items that you don’t need on a daily basis or items that are “out of season”
- Pack one room at a time
- Do not pack valuables such as jewellery, passports or any other valuable items.
- Do no pack flammables or any liquids in your boxes.
- Use wardrobe boxes for clothing that you would like to remain hanging during transportation.
- Use china boxes or china barrels for packing fragile items such as dishes and breakables
- Do not exceed over 45-50 lbs in weight per box
- Tape and seal each box
On Moving Day
- Clearly mark and set aside items you don’t want loaded or packed
- Double check and make sure that any important paperwork doesn’t get packed and place them away from movers view
- Clear walkways or driveways from debris or snow
- Show your moving crew around giving them a walkthrough your home
- Go through your home one last time before the driver and the crew depart your home.
Proper packing is critical to a successful move. Always consider having Canadian National Van Lines professionals pack for you to ensure your possessions arrive at your new residence safely and in the same condition they left in. Whether you are on a budget or just need help, we can offer both partial and full packing options.
Choose the Services You Need
- Crating / specialty packaging
- Loading / Offloading
- Vehicle transportation
Wow, I have never worked with such fun movers. I was just making a move down the street in Toronto, I only had a studio and didn’t want to spend a fortune on movers, but couldn’t lift all my stuff so needed help. Dave and Ali were great to work with, came in with smiling faces, introduced themselves and then got right to work. They were in and out within a couple hours, joking and laughing with me the whole time. They made me feel so comfortable and I didn’t have to touch anything. Worth every penny!
I spent hours researching and reviewing many companies for my move. I have a large family and I wanted to make sure I made the best choice and guess what…I DID! These guys were clean, in great spirits and most of all NICE. I haven’t moved much but if I do have to move again I will be calling them again.
This was my first move. I didn’t know what to expect and what to do. I did some research and ended up reserving Canadian National Van Lines for my move. I have to say that the main reason was the service I got every time I called. They always had the information I needed and even though I was inexperienced with moving, they were able to guide me though the whole process. It was great to receive my items back in the same condition. Thanks again!
Last August I moved from Montreal to Halifax for university, I had an extremely limited budget but wanted to make sure that I got my stuff in time for classes. I didn’t want to go with one of those fly by night companies to save a few dollars, but couldn’t afford the thousands of dollars I was being quoted by the big van lines. I called Canadian National Van Lines to get a quote, of course I called around to other companies, but CNVL was the quickest to respond and the easiest to communicate with. Great service, right on time and it didn’t break the bank.
Thank you to the amazing staff at Canadian National Van Lines, I moved my elderly mother from Toronto to be closer to her family in Ottawa, our time restrictions made planning this move very difficult, but Canadian National worked it out for me. I was so worried about stressing out my 93 mother, the crew was so patient with her and myself, I couldn’t have asked for better people to work with.
I received an overwhelming number of quotes and after a few days of emails I was finally booked with Canadian National Van Lines. The quick email responses and professionalism won me over. The moving experience was the same. I needed extended storage time and after 3 months I was met with the same pleasant service. When I finally got the delivery, it was no surprise that everything was just as I left it.