Here are Canadian National Van Lines we would like to help you prepare for your move. The weeks and days leading up to your move usually consist of preparation and making sure that you and your family are ready.
Here are some general suggestions that may help you weeks and days before making your move:
- Try not to move on the actual “closing: day. There are times where delays happen on closing dates that may impede your moving plans which cause unnecessary stress and worry.
- If you are moving at the end of the month or peak season – try and book your move at least 4-6 weeks in advance to ensure that your move is booked and reserved and a final confirmation is sent to you for review.
- Send us a detailed list prior to your moving date to ensure that an accurate quote has been provided to you and enough space is allotted for your move. Sometimes things change between the quoting and pick up time and you may decide to take more items or leave some behind. By filling out a detailed list this will ensure that proper space and large enough crew is sent for your move.
- When doing your own packing, make sure that you get started in advance of the move and leave only what you need. Start packing away items that you don’t need on a daily basis and slowly pack everything you want to move leading up to moving date.
- Flammables and liquids cannot go along with the move – so make sure you dispose of these prior to moving day.
- Empty and pack all of the contents of your dressers and wardrobes. Those must be emptied prior to moving date to ensure safety for the items during transportation.
- If you have any stairs leading up to your unit or have elevator restrictions make sure that you let your moving co-ordinator know in advance so that extra time can be allotted for any restrictions.
- Please note that movers do not remove items that are affixed to ceilings or walls, such as mounted TVs or curtain rods. If you would like to ship these items, ensure that they have been removed prior to the mover’s arrival.
Last August I moved from Montreal to Halifax for university, I had an extremely limited budget but wanted to make sure that I got my stuff in time for classes. I didn’t want to go with one of those fly by night companies to save a few dollars, but couldn’t afford the thousands of dollars I was being quoted by the big van lines. I called Canadian National Van Lines to get a quote, of course I called around to other companies, but CNVL was the quickest to respond and the easiest to communicate with. Great service, right on time and it didn’t break the bank.
I received an overwhelming number of quotes and after a few days of emails I was finally booked with Canadian National Van Lines. The quick email responses and professionalism won me over. The moving experience was the same. I needed extended storage time and after 3 months I was met with the same pleasant service. When I finally got the delivery, it was no surprise that everything was just as I left it.
Thank you to the amazing staff at Canadian National Van Lines, I moved my elderly mother from Toronto to be closer to her family in Ottawa, our time restrictions made planning this move very difficult, but Canadian National worked it out for me. I was so worried about stressing out my 93 mother, the crew was so patient with her and myself, I couldn’t have asked for better people to work with.
I spent hours researching and reviewing many companies for my move. I have a large family and I wanted to make sure I made the best choice and guess what…I DID! These guys were clean, in great spirits and most of all NICE. I haven’t moved much but if I do have to move again I will be calling them again.
Wow, I have never worked with such fun movers. I was just making a move down the street in Toronto, I only had a studio and didn’t want to spend a fortune on movers, but couldn’t lift all my stuff so needed help. Dave and Ali were great to work with, came in with smiling faces, introduced themselves and then got right to work. They were in and out within a couple hours, joking and laughing with me the whole time. They made me feel so comfortable and I didn’t have to touch anything. Worth every penny!
This was my first move. I didn’t know what to expect and what to do. I did some research and ended up reserving Canadian National Van Lines for my move. I have to say that the main reason was the service I got every time I called. They always had the information I needed and even though I was inexperienced with moving, they were able to guide me though the whole process. It was great to receive my items back in the same condition. Thanks again!